Administrative rights are required to burn a CD or DVD.
To give CD/DVD rights to a non-administrative user, do the following:
Install - NMSAccessU
1) Open 'Control Panel' and click on 'Administrative Tools'.
2) Double click on 'Local Security Policy'.
3) Double click on 'Security Options'.
4) Double click on 'Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on users only'.
5) Click on Enabled.
Manually Install NMSAccessU.exe
This service will provide CD/DVD access for any user under NT/XP/2000 regardless of Security Policies.
NMSAccess must only be used on NT4/2000/XP systems (Not Windows 98/ME/95). You must have Administrative Rights to install or remove the service. After installation, every time the machine boots, NMSAccess will start automatically as needed.
1) Copy the NMSAccessU.exe to any location (system32 is preferred).
2) To install the service from the command window use the following parameters:
[Installed Path]\NMSAccessU.exe -install
1) To stop the service and remove it from the system start-up use the following parameters:
[Installed Path]\NMSAccessU.exe -remove
2) Delete the service from installed path.
TESTING INSTALLATION (After install):
1) Log into the Windows NT4/2000/XP OS as a user with No Administrative Rights.
2) Run the Cheetah CD Burner or Cheetah DVD Burner.
3) If no CD/DVD drives appear in the drive list (assuming a burner exists), the service is installed incorrectly.
4) If CD/DVD drives appear in the drive list (assuming a burner exists), the service is installed correctly.
Remove old Non-Unicode NMSAccess